Monday, June 14, 2010

Why Do I Like Lataji


This Question I asked to myself many times.....Why do you like Lataji ...
Answer from my heart is "Love is Illogical , I used to think may be it is because of her voice which is nothing but melody then I thought may be no , It is because of the way she pronounces the words in a manner as if this word cannot have a better meaning than what she sings ,then I thought may be it is because of the expression ,the dard and the unconditional love with which she sings , then I thought may be it is because of the way she involves herself in the character of heroine ,then I thought all above is wrong , it is because of the divine presence in her voice "

This Question I had been asking for more than 12 years and still I did not get the answer .
Most Diplomatic answer that I hear from myself is
"It is not the number of songs or the number of awards she won makes her unique , but it is the innocence in the voice, perfection in expression and dedication towards work and the divine and motherly presence makes her THE LATA MANGESHKAR"

Lataji may be Bharat Ratna to whole world but she is like a mother to me, when she sings the song "Aye Dile e nadan" I feel this is the answer for all my tensions "Is Khudayi main ek thu kya hain " ..? The way she sings this line ...I Don't have words to express it .

The voice, the songs I heard at least 1000 times like Ayega anewala, mere ankhon se koyi , Tu jahan jahan chalega, Rahen na rahen hum ,Tere bina jindagise , ek tu na mila, chandan sa badan sounds fresh to me 1001'th time .....

Her voice has the perfect melody, listen to Anilda's Beimaan thore nainwaan , and try to control your emotions  and listen to Hemant da's Kuch dil ne kaha ...Interestingly, I feel a silence when she sings :-) . Lata is Lata in happy ,sad ,bhajan or ghazals . May be she didn't do more work on cabaret numbers, But I don't feel a vacuum as I am not very interested in them . I love her the most when she sings Hindi followed by Bengali ,Marathi ,gujarathi . I love her song "Nidurapora Thammuda" in Telugu (my mother Tongue) .

When she sings Bhajans ,I feel God .

Now , I am listening my fav most Meera Bhajan " Radha pyaari ". My Room is full of Unconditional Love/Devotion of Meera

No comments:

Post a Comment